Word order explanation: When we make a sentence in English, we normally follow the following order. Subject + Verb + Object + Adverb Of Place + Adverb Of Time.
The original version.
Wow, what a great movie. My dad always told me it was his favorite and I think now it’s my favorite 1. too. A little summary of the movie : the movie is about Randle McMurphy, a criminal who decides to play crazy so he will be transferred to a mental institution and doesn’t have to stay in jail. At the mental instution McMurphy tries to live up the place a little by playing card games, basketball and stealing the institution bus to go on a fishing trip. 2. i don’t want to spoil the whole movie so if you want to know the ending you should go see the movie yourself. My toughts on the movie are: 2. in the beginning of the movie is a little bit boring because nothing really happens. But after a while it gets more interesting. What made the movie really cool was that the characters were so well played. It was like they were really insane and not acting at all. 3. I think that the intentions of the writer wasn’t only to make a funny movie, but also to teach the people a lesson; even the most crazy person isn’t more insane than an average person walking on the street.
1. I think I should have written to, I am not 100 precent sure thought. Also this sentences is a little weird. I think it is better to write: my dad alsways told me it was his favorite movie and now I think it is also my favorite.
2. i, I did an i instead of I. What a stupid mistake.
3. this is definitelly a wrong sentences. I think in shouldn’t be there. Otherwise it would be a good sentense. The beginning of the movie is a little bit boring because nothing really happens.
4. In this sentence wasn’t is not good. Because it is intentions and not intention. So I think it should be weren’t.
The better version.
Wow, what a great movie. My dad always told me it was his favorite movie and now I think it is also my favorite. A little summary of the movie : the movie is about Randle McMurphy, a criminal who decides to play crazy so he will be transferred to a mental institution and doesn’t have to stay in jail. At the mental instution McMurphy tries to live up the place a little by playing card games, basketball and stealing the institution bus to go on a fishing trip. I don’t want to spoil the whole movie so if you want to know the ending you should go see the movie yourself. My toughts on the movie are: the beginning of the movie is a little bit boring because nothing really happens. But after a while it gets more interesting. What made the movie really cool was that the characters were so well played. It was like they were really insane and not acting at all. I think that the intentions of the writer weren’t only to make a funny movie but also to teach the people a lesson; even the most crazy person isn’t more insane than an average person walking on the street.
1. did / I / him / see / not / last night / at the disco
2. to a party / not / we / tonight / going / are
3. will / a letter / not / next week / send / you / she
4. She/ cats/ more/ likes/ than/ likes
5. not / the truth / did / he / tell / you
6. to the cinema / we / want / not / do / tonight / to go
7. play / in the bar / did / he / last week / not / the piano
8. not / now / she / in England / is
9. eat / in winter / ice-cream / do / not / I
10. right now / have / not / we / time / do
11. We / tennis / don’t / like
1. I did not see him last night at the disco
2. We are going to a party tonight
3. she will send you a letter next week
4. She likes cats more than dogs
5. He did not tell you the truth
6. We do not want to go to the cinema
7. He did not play the piano in the bar last week
8. She is not in England now
9. I do not eat ice-cream in the winter
10. We do not have time right now
11. We don’t like tennis
A noun is a word that indicates or names a person, place, thing or idea. Nouns also indicate names or activities, collections or groups of things, concepts, conditions, events and qualities.
I chose the 1. subject 2. individuality to make a 3. presentation about. so I started to wonder is there 4. individuality in 5. Brave New World? well yes and no. yes because Bernard Marx one of the 6. main characters is really different from the 7. rest. but does 8. individuality means that your different from the 9. others? I didn’t really know so, I googled what 10. individuality really was. What I found:
11. individuality [in′də vij′o̵̅o̅ al′ə tē]i /12. noun/ . 13. individuality is defined as the 14. unique 15. characteristics and 16. traits that make 17. someone or 18. something one of a kind.
I came to the 19. conclusion that Bernard is an 20. individual. how? Because in the 21. beginning of the 22. book Lenina (another 23. main character) talks with her 24. friend about Bernard. They describe him like an 25. outcast and her 26. friend is clearly not so fond of him. ‘They say he doesn’t like any of the 27. state sports‘ and ‘He’s is so ugly’ are some of the 28. things she says about Bernard. Also in 29. chapter 5 Bernard is really embarrassed talking with Lenina in the 30. elevator. Wich is really normal but he thinks it’s awkward.So this is my 31. opinion so far. maybe Bernard isn’t so shy, and turns out to be a 32. social butterfly. Who knows?
5. Brave New World
6. Main characters
23. Main characters
24. The friend
27. State sports
32. Social butterfly
find the nouns
1. Always speak the truth.
2. We all love honesty.
3. I have two children.
4. The lion is the king of the beasts.
5. Solomon was the wisest of all kings.
6. Cleanliness is next to godliness.
7. Birds of a feather flock together
8. Who teaches you grammar?
9. The Nile is the longest of all rivers.
10. A committee of six was appointed to assess the situation.
11. Jawaharlal Nehru was the first Prime Minister of India.
4. Lion – king – beasts
5. Solomon – kings
6. Cleanliness – godliness
7. Birds – feather
9. Nile – rivers
10. Committee – situation
11. Jawaharlal Nehru – Prime Minister – India
Adjectives and adverbs
Adjectives: bijvoeglijk naamwoord. An adjective says something about a noun.Adverb: bijwoord. An adverb says something about other verbs. An adverb also says something about another adverb
Another song I listened to is from the movie Yentl. The song I listened to is Papa Can You Hear Me. The song has a special meaning to me because my mom named me Yentl because of this song . It is about Yentl’s dad who just passed away. The song is really emotional and makes me a little bit sad, because you can see she is very sad and the song is also really sad but beautiful to. I find it so beautiful because the lyrics of the song is very powerful. The decor of the song is very simple I think it is in a forrest because you can see trees in the background, she lights up a candle which represents her dad. The decor is simple but powerful and I don’t think the song needs a busy decor. I like this song not only because my mom named me after the movie but I also like it because it has a beautiful lyrics and Barbara Streisand can sing really 1. well.
so the only adverb I found was well, i didn’t find any adjectives. But maybe if I check again I will find any
He ….. reads a book (quick)
Mandy is a ……girl. (pretty)
The class is …… loud today. (terrible)
Max is a ….. singer. (good)
You can …… open this tin. (easy)
It’s a …… day today. (terrible)
She sings the song …… . (good)
He is a ……. driver. (careful)
He drives the car …….. (careful)
The dog barks …….. (loud)
quickly reads a book.
Mandy is a pretty girl.
The class is terribly loud today.
Max is a good singer.
You can easily open this tin.
It’s a terrible day today.
She sings the song well.
He is a careful driver.
He drives the car carefully.
The dog barks loudly.
There are six verb tenses in English. Each of the six tenses has two forms: basic and progressive (also known as “perfect”).
Another song I 1. want to 2. talk about is It’s A Hard Knock Life from the movie Annie. I 3. watched the movie with my grandma so much that the tape 4. is not working anymore. Annie 5. is a little girl without parents who 6. lives in a house full of orphans. When I 7. listen to the song It’s A Hard Knock Life I 8. hear anger and also a little bit sadness, what is completely understandable when you always 9. have to work and when you haven’t been 10. treated very well . Another song from the movie 11. is Tomorrow . I 12. think the song is a little bit sad but beautiful to. Annie 13. sings this song. It is about that you 14. don’t have to be sad and that beter days always 15. will come and I think 16. that’s beautiful. The song 17. is really positive. But on the other side, it 18. is a little bit boring because she 19. keeps on singing the same things. What I 20. find really cool 21. is the instrumental part in this song. You can definitelly 22. hear all the instruments, which fit together perfectly.
fall → →
keep → →
mean → →
forget → →
hit → →
freeze → →
throw → →
feed → →
blow → →
lead → →
fall → fell → fallen
keep → kept → kept
mean → meant → meant
forget → forgot → forgotten
hit → hit → hit
freeze → froze → frozen
throw → threw → thrown
feed → fed → fed
blow → blew → blown
lead → led → led
much /many / little / few / some / any
‘The social sea’, what a weird name for a chapter. is it like a sea with mermaid’s who are really social, I thought. But no, the chapter is about a factory for dead people and some weird dinner that Bernard attends. It was really confusing when I was reading about the dinner because I thought that Bernard was really unsocial and that not 1. many people liked him. So yeah I was kind of surprised that he would attend a dinner. But maybe he was a social butterfly, but nobody knew that. I don’t think so because he maybe attended the dinner but he wasn’t very social . But when Bernard and others were given soma . Bernard started to lose up. Not that he suddenly was a normal member of society, because he was still unhappy . He just pretended. I laughed hard at the part where Bernard judges the eyebrows of Morgana. did this chapter had anything to do with individuality?Well yes and no, no because he appeared to be happy and normal and yes because he still was very unhappy.
1. There is ___money in the wallet.
2. I’ve got a ___ books.
3. My mum has got ___ cigarettes in the packet.
4. How ___money do you have
5. How ___ did the car cost?
6. How ___ apples are there in the basket?
7. How ___ times have you been to the dentist?
8. We had ___cake with the tea.
9. I often have ___ fried egg for dinner.
10. There aren’t ___ pears left. Only two.
A pronoun (I, me, he, she, herself, you, it, that, they, each, few, many, who, whoever, whose, someone, everybody, etc.) is a word that takes the place of a noun. There are three types of pronouns: subject (for example, he); object (him); or possessive (his).
1. This is already my last diary. And I am going to miss writing in 2. you, my dear diary. So in the last chapter I said I was going to do a pro’s and con’s diary. The pro’s: there were references to Shakespeare wich I thought was really cool, because even in Brave New World Shakespeare is important, 3. You did a great job on that Aldous. I also liked how some sentences were written, like ‘ the return to civilization was for 4. her the return to soma’ it is a serious book bit 5. it has some humour in it to. The con’s are: 6. it was written with some difficult words, and I have dyslexia. So sometimes I made up a whole different and new word. Another con was: if you hadn’t read for a couple of days. 7. It was very hard to continue in the book. But I worked my way around that. And all that matters at the of the day is that I found 8. it a really nice and interesting book!
1. I doubt that either of those social workers knows what ____________ caseload will be.
HIS OR HER
2. Among the Iroquois, everyone prepared ____________ carefully for the gathering ceremonies.
HIMSELF OR HERSELF
3. According to Alvina and ____________ , this is the best math course you’ll ever take.
4. Last week Raoul said that ____________ first-year students don’t need to register yet.
5. The bus driver told me that he’d make change for you and ____________ this time but never again.
6. Probably the captain doesn’t expect any of ____________ to show up on a day like this.
7. It sounds as if you’re complaining whenever you and ____________ talk that way.
8. Every winter Simon and ____________ get together to look at each other’s drawings.
9. This year Stan wants to paint you and ____________ together.
10. Randy seems to think that there’s some conflict developing between Jason and ____________ .
A and an are the indefinite articles. They refer to something not specifically known to the person you are communicating with. A and an are used before nouns that introduce something or someone you have not mentioned before. We use the when you have already mentioned the thing you are talking about.
After 1.The Jazz Singer many movies with music followed. Like 2. the movie The Wizard Of Oz. It was made in 1939. 3. The movie is one of the best movies ever made, this is 4. a true fact and I totally agree. My favourite songs from 5. the movie are Were Of To See 5. The Wizard and Somewhere Over 6. The Rainbow. 7. The song Somewhere Over 8. The Rainbow is about a simple girl named Dorothy who wants to escape her life and be in 9. a place where she doesn’t cause trouble. It takes place in 10. a field nearby 11. a farm I think because you see some tools they use on the land and 12. a big stack of hay. I think 13. the lyrics of 14. the song really matches with what’s the song is about.
10. old letter
1. a bed
2. a chair
3. an egg
4. a fish
5. an answer
6. a song
7. a vacation
8. an investigation
9. a computer
10. an old letter